A few homegrown ingredients from the garden can completely transform bog standard burgers into meaty sandwich sensations.
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 30 mins
200g minced beef (sirloin if possible) per person
Finely chopped onion
One red chilli
- Mash the chilli up with some salt in pepper – add the chopped onion and grated carrot.
- Mix in the minced beef – using your hands.
- Roughly chop a handful of fresh tarragon – add to mix along with a tsp (per person) of Dijon mustard.
- Finally crack an egg into the mix – use your hands to thoroughly mix and then mould palm-sized patties of burger mix.
- Cook over a hot barbecue; serve with a fresh oriental salad mix for a bit of bite, a slice or mature cheddar and a fresh bap.