Vegetable & halloumi kebabs
The barbecue doesn’t need to be the preserve of meat – quality vegetable kebabs go down a treat with meat eaters and herbivores, they just require a bit of time and imagination. The halloumi adds some bite and additional texture, going beautifully crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Garlic cloves – leave skin on
Fresh mixed herbs
- Pick a bunch of herbs from the garden – parsley, thyme, rosemary, oregano – roughly chop and throw in a bowl.
- Add a good slug of olive oil, squeeze of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of sugar and seasoning – mix well.
- Chop the vegetables into chunky cubes, add to the bowl, coat thoroughly and leave to marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Cube the halloumi cheese to match the size of the vegetables.
- When the barbecue is ready to cook, skewer an even sequence of veg and cheese.
- Cook over hot coals, turning regularly to brown evenly on all sides.